The Board Certified Cognitive Disability Specialist Competency Exam
- The Certified Cognitive Disability Competency Exam has approximately 60 multiple choice questions. A passing score of 80% is required.
- Candidates are given a total of 90 minutes to complete the BCCS Exam.
- The exam is based on the IBCCES 11 Areas of Cognitive Disability Competency.
- The exam was professionally developed to accepted examination standards.
- The exam is administered online via an online proctoring system. Once you begin the exam, you will not be allowed to open any web pages or documents. The exam must be completed in one session and questions cannot be skipped or returned to during the exam.
- Directions on how to access the exam will be provided once you submit your application.
- The exam will be available pending the submission of a completed Board Certified Cognitive Specialist application.
Content Outline: Education Competency
|Content Area||% of Questions||Social Skills and Student Interaction||11%||Mental Health||20%||Diagnosing and Identification||16%||Autism||20%||Inclusion in the Classroom||9%||IEP & Parent Communication||5%||Exercise and Cognitive Health||3%||Executive Function Skills||7%||ADHD||2%||Assisted Technology||5%||Research in the Classroom||2%|
Content Outline: Healthcare Competency
|Content Area||% of Questions||Social Skills and Patient Interaction||11%||Mental Health||20%||Diagnosing and Identification||16%||Autism||20%||Stroke and Cognition||9%||Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Dementia||6%||Exercise and Cognitive Health||3%||Executive Function Skills||7%||Ethics and Personal Rights||1%||Assisted Technology||5%||Research in the Clinical Setting||2%|
General Rules for Taking the Examinations
- Candidates will receive directions for taking their Board Certified Cognitive Disability Specialist Competency Exam once they have successfully submitted their application.
- No notes, reference materials, books, etc. may be used during the examination.
- No web pages, documents or windows may be open on the computer while taking the exam.
Information about Exam Results
- Candidates will be notified via email of their results within 24 hours of completing the exam.
- Candidates must receive a passing score of 80% or better to pass the exam.
- Candidates who do not pass the examination are provided with percentages of correctly answered items. Exam content may not be appealed.
Terms and Conditions
The IBCCES Terms and Conditions for taking the exam must be agreed to prior to commencing the examination.
Please refer to exam specific pages for a detailed list of the specific terms and conditions for your exam.